PEG PLUS MPEG-2 or H.264 Digital Video PEG Channel Encoder
The PEG PLUS is a stand-alone MPEG-2 or H.264 digital video PEG channel encoder with a single SD/HD-SDI, or composite video input, and an IP-encapsulation output via a single SFP Ethernet port. A separate RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port is provided for control and monitoring capability. The PEG PLUS features selectable SDI PCM-embedded audio, or analog left and right audio. Audio compression can be either Dolby® Digital, MPEG1-Layer 2 stereo, or AAC stereo.
- MPEG-2 or H.264 video encoding
- Selectable SD/HD-SDI or Composite video input
- Encodes two HD or SD streams of the same content in either MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/H.264 formats
- Supports video resolutions of 480i, 720p, or 1080i
- Selectable SDI PCM-embedded audio or analog L+R audio
- Dolby® Digital, AAC, or MPEG1-Layer 2 stereo audio encoding from PCM-embedded audio source
- IP output via SFP port (SFP sold separately)
- Unicast and multicast capable
- Separate Management port and streaming port
- Built-in watchdog timer with system reboot capability
- Field-upgradable firmware
- Configuration and shutdown control via HTTP server
- UI and programmable API
- Supports VLAN & QoS for streaming or traffic mgmt.
- SNMP V2
- User-defined PID configuration
- Supports ATSC PSIP tables
- DVB Service information table generation (NIT+SDT)
- Insert custom screen message upon loss of video
- Compositing support to add program PNG logo file
- Optional rack mount panel can accommodate up to two PEG PLUS encoders
This model is also available with an optional Zixi output protocol to provide the ability to stream content in H.264 format over an unmanaged network, including the public internet. The Zixi UDP-based video optimized protocol provides professional broadcasters, sports networks, and service providers a mechanism to adapt to the public internet using standard IP networks as a way to ingest and transport broadcast quality video. The Zixi equipped model can be found in the related products listed below.