HDIP High Definition IP Encoder
The HDIP (High Definition IP) is a small form factor low cost encoder that is ideal to encode single SDI source for IP backhaul or IPTV distribution. The HDIP encoder is a MPEG-2 or H.264 digital video encoder with a single HD/SD-SDI (with PCM embedded audio) input and an IP-encapsulation output via SFP Ethernet port. The HDIP can encode a HD and SD stream of the same content in either MPEG-2 or H.264 formats. A separate RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port is provided for control and monitoring.
- MPEG-2 and/or MPEG-4 / H.264 video encoding
- Encodes a HD and SD stream of the same content in either MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 / H.264 formats
- Resolutions of 480i, 720p, or 1080i
- Dolby® Digital, AAC stereo audio, or MPEG-1-Layer2 stereo audio encoding from PCM-embedded audio source
- HD-SDI input with PCM Embedded Audio
- IP output via SFP port (SFP optional-see spec sheet under Documents Tab)
- Unicast and multicast capable
- Built-in watchdog timer with system reboot capability
- Field-upgradable firmware
- Configuration and shutdown control via HTTP server UI and programmable API
- Desktop model
The HDIP encoder is also available with an optional Zixi output protocol that provides the ability to stream content over an unmanaged network, including the public internet. The Zixi UDP based video-optimized protocol provides professional broadcasters, sports networks, and service providers to adapt to public internet using standard IP networks as a way to ingest and transport broadcast quality video. To order the Zixi version, seoect the HDIP High Definition IP Encoder with Zixi Option from the related products listed below.