HDE-8C-IP DIN (OPT 2) - MPEG-2 IP HD Encoder with DIN Cables & DIRECTV Control
The HDE-8C DIN Series of encoders offers the ability to deliver eight (8) HD programs in just 1RU to preserve valuable rack space. The encoder is designed to be seamlessly interconnected to eight (8) DIRECTV H25 satellite receivers using factory supplied DIN cables (Quantity 8; Stock# 3703). The unit digitizes and MPEG-2 encodes each input into a high-definition stream. The eight (8) program streams are multiplexed and then modulated onto four adjacent watermarked QAM* channels in the 54-1002 MHz range (CATV 2-158). Models equipped with an IP output provide 8xSPTS with watermarking. The encoder supports Dolby® Digital audio encoding and Closed Captioning (EIA-608) for each of the eight encoded programs. An Emergency Alert System (EAS) interface consisting of a composite video and L+R audio program input is provided on all models. Comprehensive remote monitoring and control of the encoder, as well as the H25 receivers are accomplished using any standard Web browser via a rear-panel 10/100Base-T Ethernet connection.
- Accepts 8 HD programs from DIN inputs (Receiver to encoder DIN cables are included)
- Digitizes, MPEG-2 encodes, and modulates up to 8 inputs into 4xQAM* output channels (2 programs per QAM channel)
- Configurable to ITU-T J.83 Annex A and B digital QAM formats
- Provides 8xSPTS outputs on IP equipped models
- Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
- Provides a front-panel -20dB RF test point (QAM models only)
- Equipped with EAS interface (Analog Video + L/R Audio) and triggering compatible with all EAS receivers
- Supports Real-time Dolby® Digital audio encoding
- Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608 for each of the 8 encoded programs
- Supports user-defined PSIP configuration
Available output configurations include QAM, IP and QAM/IP with and without Integrated DIRECTV control (OPT 2). Choose other configurations from the related products section below.